This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All thoughts & opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support My Belle Elle.
Those of you who are familiar with My Belle Elle know that I have quite the connection to Disney. I was so excited when I was given the opportunity to check out the new Jazz Loves Disney cd. As someone who lives about 30 minutes from The Disneyland Resort I drive there often. Now my Grandpa and I can listen to new versions of some of my favorite Disney songs on our drive to the Happiest Place On Earth.
I think that one of the reasons that Disney movies have seen so much success is because of the music. When I was little I loved singing along when I watched movies like The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast and The Little Mermaid. Okay, maybe I still do that as an adult too! My sister and I used to put on shows where we would sing every Disney song that we could think of.
When I took piano lessons with my Grandmama I loved learning to play songs like “Candle on the Water” and “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”. Now when I hear certain Disney songs I think of some memories of my time spent as a cast member at both Walt Disney World & The Disneyland Resort.
Jazz Loves Disney is a fun take on songs that I grew up loving. I know this will be a great soundtrack while I drive. I could see this being the perfect music to listen to while you make dinner. It’s something that the whole family can enjoy together. I think it would be a great stocking stuffer for the Disney lover in your life.
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
My favorite songs from Jazz Loves Disney are “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” and “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes”. The Toy Story movies mean a lot to me which is one of the reasons that I really enjoyed hearing “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. It also made me think of my dear friend Caitlin. We had bracelets made a few years ago at Disneyland. One bracelet says “To Infinity” and the other says ” & Beyond”. One of the reasons that “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” is another favorite is due to passion for following your dreams. This song really warms my heart and puts a smile on my face.
What song would you be most excited to hear? Is there a special family memory that comes to mind when you hear Disney music? I’d love for you to share with me in the comment section below.